(as of Jan 31,2020 10:11:56 UTC – Details)
“A lot of fascinating insights. . . an eye-opener worth reading. ”- Parents
Highlighting the fascinating link between a child's neurological development and the way a parent reacts to misbehavior, No-Drama Discipline provides an effective, compassionate road map for dealing with tantrums, tensions, and tears — without causing a scene.
Defining the true meaning of the “d” word (to instruct, not to shout or reprimand), the authors explain how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and turn a meltdown into an opportunity for growth. By doing so, the cycle of negative behavior (and punishment) is essentially brought to a halt, as problem solving becomes a win / win situation. Inside this sanity-saving guide you'll discover
• strategies that help parents identify their own discipline philosophy — and master the best methods to communicate the lessons they are trying to impart
• facts on child brain development — and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages
• the way to calmly and lovingly connect with a child — no matter how extreme the behavior — while still setting clear and consistent limits
• Tips for navigating your child through a tantrum to achieve insight, empathy, and repair
• twenty discipline mistakes even the best parents make — and how to stay focused on the principles of whole-brain parenting and discipline techniques
Complete with candid stories and playful illustrations that bring the authors' suggestions to life, No-Drama Discipline shows you how to work with your child's developing mind, peacefully resolve conflicts, and inspire happiness and strength resilience in everyone in the family.
Praise for No-Drama Discipline
“With lucid, engaging prose accompanied by cartoon illustrations, Siegel and Bryson help parents teach and communicate more effectively.” – Publishers Weekly
“Wow! This book grabbed me from the very first page and did not let go. ” —Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D., author of The Opposite of Worry